Anyone who enjoys a flavorful cup of espresso as much as I do appreciates the convenience of owning their own machine. The Delonghi Esam6600 is one model I’ve owned, and there are others as well like the Cuisinart and the Gaggia. I no longer have to rely on the grocery store coffee grinder to be working on the day I shop, and I don’t have to wonder if it is grinding properly. An espresso machine with a built-in bean grinder is an exceptional find.
I know in the Delonghi Esam 6600 you can use ground coffee or beans, which gives you desired flexibility. I think the Gaggia Platinum Vision has a grinder, but consumer ratings are not as favorable as with the Delonghi. I like being able to set the grind of the bean from coarse to fine or anything in between.
Making espresso is a simple and relaxing process with the right machine.The temperature can be controlled, also, so you are the sole judge of how hot you want your espresso to be. For those who enjoy piping hot or those who like theirs a bit more temperate, it is simply a matter of preference. One thing I enjoy in the Delonghi Esam6600 is its ability to distribute the heat evenly throughout the coffee. Other things to look for in an espresso machine are things like:
* the choice of the cup size such as small, medium, or large
* an automatic shut off safety feature
* a built in clock and timer* control of brew strength as in mild, regular, strong, extra strong, extra mild
* even heating and choice of brew temperature
* detachable milk jug for frothing and steaming milk* built in grinder and ability to accommodate beans or ground coffee
* easy to clean, dishwasher safe
* reheat feature
* built in decalcification feature
* self-cleaning built into the machine
* water level indicator in a gracious 60 oz capacity reservoir
Whatever model you choose, evaluate carefully so you get the most features for your hard-earned dollar.We recommend the use of Delonghi Esam6600 Gran Dama for brewing the best espresso. Also Read About Best Portable Ice Maker.